At Total Vision Family Eye Care, it is our highest priority to provide the best quality eye care, and to ensure the health and safety of our patients, staff and our entire community. We are happy to announce that we will be reopening the office for routine eyecare starting Monday, May 11, 2020.
We are making great efforts to keep you and your family safe and have made the following changes to address the challenges regarding COVID-19 following the CDS and AOA (American Optometric Association) guidelines.
• We will be disinfecting patient contact areas before and after each patient with hospital grade disinfection.
• We have installed front desk “shields” for extra protection.
• Our doctor and staff will be wearing masks.
• In accordance to local and state guidelines, all patients must wear masks, and wear gloves when handling frames.
• No clipboards will be used. If any paperwork needs to be signed or filled out, we can provide a pen to be discarded or you can use your own pen. Please fill out any paperwork prior to your visit available on this website.
• When you arrive for your appointment, please call (630) 372-2883. We will have you wait in your car rather than the waiting room. The door to the building will be locked until you notify us.
• When you enter the practice, your temperature will be taken (if over 100.4 we will have to reschedule your appointment) then we will immediately take you to any empty pre-test or exam room.
• To minimize contact between patients, we ask that you are the only one who comes to the appointment.
• We will continue to offer curbside pickup for glasses or direct shipping for contact lens.
• All eyewear in our optical department is cleaned with medical grade sterilization after any human contact and optical tables will be disinfected between patient encounters.
• Dr. Yonkee and staff are participating in ongoing education regarding preventative measures provided by the CDC.
In order to prevent any further spread of COVID-19, we ask that your please reschedule your appointment if any of the following applies to you:
• Persistent cough
• Shortness of breath
• Sore throat
Seek medical advice if you develop symptoms or have been in contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or if you live in or have recently been in an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19.
As a local business, we SINCERELY appreciate each and every one of you for trusting us with your eye care. Please keep yourself and loved ones safe during these difficult times.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.
Dr. James Yonkee and the entire staff at Total Vision Family Eye Care.